More Things I’m Crazy About Right Now
1. Other People’s Recipes: I love to cook good recipes, even if they aren’t mine. My mouth and my family, were super happy this weekend thanks to Jessica’s Better Than Crack Brownies and Matt’s (Kath’s husband) Whole Wheat Pizza Crust.
To Matt’s crust, I added red sauce, sundried tomatoes, broccoli, caramelized onions, artichoke hearts, Kalamata olives, fresh mozzarella and herbed feta.
To Jessica’s brownies, I added my face.
2. Downton Abbey: I know, I’m late to the party. I’m currently blowing through Season 1 on my treadmill, in the early morning while everyone else is sleeping. And then I come in and serve tea and speak in a British accent.
I’m super ticked, though, because yesterday I happened upon this post, which spoiled one major plot point for me just in the photo shown before giving a spoiler alert, and then, just now, I ruined a second plot point by googling to find the image to use above. Bloody ‘ell!
3. The Best Free Apps for Kids by commonsensemedia.org: We needed some entertainment between the time spent at doctor’s offices, hospital rooms and couches in the month of January. You can bet I downloaded every app on the list.
My personal favorite is Tiny Piano. Because you haven’t lived until you’ve heard your child play “Party Rock Anthem” on a baby grand.
4. Kid-Sized Jamba Juices: Hallelujah! My kiddos don’t need 32 oz. of any beverage at any time. Ever. And I was tired of the brawls over which flavor to split.
9.5 ounces of all-fruit, no-added-sugar, some even have kale (!), and totally personalized deliciousness. Problem solved.
5. Our Old Favorite Recipes: I love to cook good recipes, and sometimes, they’re even mine. This past week I’ve made Roasted Chickpea Tacos, Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Mango Cupcakes with Coconut Chocolate Ganache and Healthier Homemade Pop Tarts that I cut into circles and dusted with cinnamon and sugar and called hand pies.
Yes, I did.
6. She Reads Truth: Right now, I’m writing for the next plan and it’s been pretty danged convicting. God’s word on thankfulness? Got it. His wisdom regarding unity? Brilliant. Applying His word regarding peace? Shoot, that’s hard.
I’m working on it.
7. Chamomile Tea: I’m securing my position as a senior citizen with this one, but it has me sleeping like a grandpa in an easy chair. Zzzzzzzzz……
Yesterday, my mom and I were discussing how knockered we got on Friday night–from our personal stashes of chamomile tea. And then we sent each other home with little baggies we swapped of our favorite varieties. Oh dear.
8. Stalking Celebrity Chefs on Twitter: (SPOILER ALERT…if you are behind on Top Chef Seattle, stop reading here!) After last week’s Top Chef episode, in which her very favorite cheftestant was eliminated, Lulu lost it. I mean big time. Pouting. Sobbing. Wishing bad, bad things upon Tom Colicchio. So I did what any social media connected mom would do and Tweeted the beautiful, talented and prematurely eliminated Kristen on her behalf.
Which then turned into a full blown conversation.
Any Bostontonians want to put us up?
I’ll make pizza. And brownies. And pie. Then I’ll drink my tea and go to bed at 6.
Think about it.