40 Vegetarian Lunchbox Ideas (+ GIVEAWAY)
It’s officially Labor Day weekend.
Summer is officially over.
School is officially starting.
I am officially bummed. So with a tear and a sigh, today I dug out Gigi’s lunchbox and started facing reality. And making a grocery list.
So begins nine months of trying to find foods to pack that will keep my kiddo happily, yet nutritiously fueled for her school day. Foods that will actually make it to her belly instead of the cafeteria trash can.
We’re in this together. It’s go time, people.
To your favorite sliced bread add:
1. Peanut butter + jelly or honey
2. Fajita sandwich = guacamole + tomato + sauteed peppers + onions
3. Hummus + cucumber + tomato
4. Cream cheese + jelly or honey
5. Egg salad or No Egg-Salad
6. Cheese + avocado + tomato
8. Tofu Scramble or scrambled egg on English muffin
9. Tastier Eggplant Burger-stuffed pita
10. Cottage or ricotta cheese + berries or apples + cinnamon
12. Tempeh bacon + lettuce + tomato
In the Thermos
Heat and pack:
13. Sloppy Josephines (pack buns on the side)
14. Garden Enchilada Bake (with baked tortilla chips for dipping)
18. Pho Soup for Lu
23. Pickle Soup
See also Not Boring:
25. Crack Wrap
26. Veggie burger sliders
29. Tofu Dippers
30. Anytime Cookies:
32. Mmmm Sauce + Dipping Foods, e.g.pea pods, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, bagel slices, pita wedges, whole grain pretzels or even baked sweet potato slices
33. Fruit Skewers + Yogurt + Granola
37. Mmmm Wrap
38. Pancake Sandwiches—use pancakes or waffles as bread and nut butter or cream cheese as the filling
To make back-to-school a little less painful and a little more fun, we’re giving away FIVE (5) sets of brand new Lunch Punch sandwich cutters.
Lunch Punches are BPA-free, dishwasher safe and Gigi and Lulu approved. I mean, who doesn’t want a sandwich that looks like a birthday cake?
To honor our teachers, who I am so grateful to for dedicating their time and their hearts to our kids, you can enter by leaving a comment telling me who your most memorable grade school teacher was and why.
Mine was my fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Bowser. She loved American History, Birkenstocks, and helping us all reach our absolute maximum potential. She saw something special in me and taught me to stand tall, even if it meant I was looking down at all the boys, and to never apologize for being smart or having big feet.
Giveaway open to U.S. residents only and ends Monday, September 3rd at 5 p.m. EST.
I’ll pick five winners at random from the comments.
Good luck and have a great weekend packed full of end-of-summer fun!
This giveaway is sponsored by me and my friend Deb who left a gajillion Lunch Punches on my doorway last week.