1. Gigi had her first sleepover Friday night. Lulu was destroyed. I said, “We’re just loaning her out.” Lulu cried, “No! Families have to stick together!”
2. I blame this mindset for Lulu coughing in my face, elbowing me in the ribs and trying to remove every visible mole from my skin after worming her way into our bed at 6 am.
3. We took the girls to see Chimpanzee Saturday. While Pea Daddy and I loved it, it was a little too Circle of Life-y for the girls. The girls wanted to leave when things got hairy. Who knew chimps were omnivores? We all do now.
4. We have ants. Pea Daddy laid out some bait for them this morning, telling the girls it was their “special food.” I said, “Honey, they just watched chimpanzees hunt and viciously kill monkeys, I don’t think telling them you’re getting rid of the ants is going to traumatize them.”
5. Simply my trying on a pair of Vibrams at the store this weekend traumatized Pea Daddy. “I’m married to a frog,” he said.
Ribbit, ribbit, baby. I didn’t buy them. Yet.
6. No trip to the mall would be complete without putting our grubby paws all over the iPads at the Apple store. Gigi played some Scrabble.
Yes, that’s “GAS.” They immediately tried to recruit her at the Genius Bar.
7. Today we took the girls to Silver Creek Falls, the scene of our first date almost exactly ten years ago to the day. There was no nervous small talk this time, just debate about whose turn it was to carry Lulu. Baby Bjorn needs a model for four year-olds. I’d strap that kid on in a heartbeat.
8. I’d tell you more about our weekend, but the rest of the family is in the middle of root beer floats and a House Hunters marathon. And you know what Lulu always says.
“Families have to stick together.”