Notes on a Tuesday
1. Gigi asked to play my guitar the other day, and while I had a million reasons to say no, I had one very good reason to say yes—it’s impossible to play the guitar and the recorder at the same time.
2. We went to IKEA this weekend to replace our coffee table (aka Lulu’s $14.99 boogie board). They raised the price to $19.99, which means I couldn’t afford to get the knockoff Crocs that Lulu so badly wanted me to buy. For myself. In bright green.
3. The IKEA clogs are still better looking and about $76 cheaper than the Vibrams I’m contemplating. But I wouldn’t want to sprint in them.
4. We looked at a new couch and chair while we were there, mostly because our current furniture looks like it got in a fight with an amorous tiger. But I refused to spend even a penny on half-rate Swedish furniture until Pea Kitty leaves this Earth and returns to the dark, dark place from whence she came.
5. My decision was confirmed when we woke up the next morning to find the contents of Pea Kitty’s digestive tract on our chair. You may not want to sit there when you come over.
6. Lulu’s ability to read is interfering with my ability to lie. She hates all things coconut and so when we served up some of this delicious ice cream for dessert, she carefully, yet mistakenly read the carton, “M…m…mm….maybe with coconut milk.” Pea Daddy said, “Yup, maybe with coconut milk. Maybe not!”
She ate two scoops.
7. My gym reorganized all their weight equipment recently, which means I spent fifteen minutes of my workout yesterday looking for the leg press machine and another ten minutes griping with the other elderly people at the gym about how much we hate change and love prunes. Best workout ever.
8. I’ve gotten rid of a lot of things in my life in the last few weeks and it has opened up my world. I’m online less and living more. I’m letting go of obligations and saying “yes” to volunteering. I’m still not running, I’m taking long walks. I’m eliminating the negative and making more room for the positive. I highly recommend it. That being said, anyone want a cat?
9. Gigi had the day off of school yesterday and the rain was back, meaning I got to do really awesome things like listen to some original guitar compositions while puting together impossibly hard jigsaw puzzles on super cheap coffee tables. Top that.
10. We’re having ice cream for dessert again.
Maybe with coconut milk. Maybe not!