Not all days are going to be good. Today is one of those days.
A lot of things can and do go wrong.
I woke up today and broke my favorite cereal bowl before breakfast even began.
I drove 5 miles today and got a 3 inch nail stuck in new tires that I bought.
I got to work 2 hours late getting my tires replaced.
Everyone has days like this. The good thing is that most other days are great. And there’s nothing better than the comforts of making and eating peanut butter dough balls. It’s soft, sweet, and gooey peanut butter goodness. I should be guilty eating this stuff, but I don’t.
I’ve been researching different pb cookie dough ball recipes online, from friends and family, and in cookbooks. Trust me there are too many recipes to count. I’ve tried a bunch of them. Through tweaking and testing with different test batches, I’ve made it my own. I think I’ve stumbled onto something good and I’m sticking with it.
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls Recipe
- 6 tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 to 6 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, put the sugar, butter, and peanut butter together, mix on high speed for 4 minutes, or until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Next, mix in salt and vanilla, continue mixing until these two ingredients are evenly incorporated
- After that, use your kitchen mixer with the setting on low and slowly begin to add flour, two tablespoon at a time, and mixing until the flour is thoroughly combined.
- At this point, it is time to add in those delicious chocolate chips in the mixer and and continue mixing
- After incorporating chocolate chips, take the dough out and form 1 to 1.5 inch diameter balls by rolling the mixture in the palms of your hands
- You can serve these right away or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to about a week
- The other alternative is freezing the dough balls and this can last for up to 3 months
Take the time to share this wonderful recipe with someone you love. They will thank you for it!